Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Scrolling and Quilted Wedding Cake

When I first met this bride, she seemed to know exactly what she wanted....which is not the case with every bride I meet. She LOVED the quilted look, and wanted to incorporate a hint of the damask pattern she used in the wedding invitations and paper accents of the reception. There was last minute decision to use warm orange hues in the floral elements of the cake, which I think added a gorgeous and vibrant dash of color. Although this cake was very fun to make, the best part was the next day when I received this note from her before departing for her honeymoon:
"Hi Jennyfer! The cake was just PERFECT yesterday. Really, the most beautiful cake I've ever seen :-) "
With every cake I make, my dream is to receive a note like this period, (extra awesome it was the very next day)... and it never, ever gets old :)

No comments: